Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Book Reviews: Already Gone/Paper Towns/Get in the Game!

I have a bit of catching up to do. It's been a crazy week and a half for me. After a fun weekend in Hilton Head, we came home to a huge disaster in our home, when we found a pipe had broken while we were out, so now I really feel like a grown-up having to file insurance and get management to fix the repairs. It's been a mess, but it's getting better. Here's some quick reviews of my summer reading thus far.

Photo: Amazon.com

Book 10: Already Gone by John Rector is not a book that I would've picked for myself. It was chosen at one of my now disbanded book club meetings. It took me forever to read, which should indicate how much I liked it. I started it at the beginning of the year, and I just finished it. So, yeah,  I didn't really care for it. It was a crime drama that was too dramatic and convoluted for me.

Photo: Amazon.com

Book 11: Paper Towns by John Green was a pretty good read. I started reading it at the beach, and I enjoyed it. The ending was a bit of a let down, but other than that, it was a fun read. One of my students recommended it to me. After reading it, I bought The Fault in Our Stars, so that I can read it before I watch the film.


Photo: Amazon.com

Book 12: Get in the Game! The Girls Guide to Money & Investing by Vanessa Summers is the kind of book that I wish I had read in college or even my senior year of high school. Much of the information in the book is stuff that I know about money now, but that had I known at a younger age, I would have avoided a ton of mistakes.

So, next up for me is The Fault in Our Stars. Only 18 books left to read.

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment