Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Viva Mexico!

Recipe 11: Found this delightful recipe for home-made blender salsa on Pinterest, and I'll definitely use this recipe again. The assembly was easy--Toss all ingredients in blender and blend to desired consistency, and presto, you have a delicious mild with a little bite salsa that goes perfectly with your favorite chips. The recipe made about 2 small jars full of salsa, so I have plenty for later. I could eat chips and salsa every day, and now I have great recipe for my arsenal. 

Recipe 12: Michael brought home a recipe from Kroger for Chicken Tinga, which is basically a chicken taco. It was simple to make. It's just chicken, tomato soup, chipotle peppers, onions, queso fresco, and tortillas. I made my tortillas crispy by frying them in a bit of oil before assembling the tacos. For a garnish, just a bit of cilantro.


Recipe 13
: For breakfast last weekend, I made a Chocolate Dutch Baby, which is basically a chocolate pancake. It was super easy, just dump all ingredients into a blender, then into a cast iron skillet with melted butter, and into the oven. Then, I topped mine with bananas and chocolate chips because that's what I had on hand. It was pretty yummy, even though it stuck to the pan too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment