Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Travel Tuesday--Hampton, Virginia

Since I've repurposed this blog to chronicle my 30 before 30 journey, I've decided that perhaps each day can be a theme. My List is divided into several categories, so here's my plan:
  • Focus Mondays, where I will just write about my plans and update on my list.
  • Travel Tuesdays will include posts about places that I've travelled and also include updates on my overall journey, like how I'm doing with my weight loss goal and other long term goals.
  • Wordy Wednesdays will focus on the books that I'm reading and my reviews.
  • Catch All Thursdays, a mix of different topics and updates on any goal on my list that doesn't already have a day designated for it.
  • Film Fridays will be where I review the Academy Award Films that I've watched.
  • Saturday and Sunday will be optional days. I will post on these days if I have something worth posting. Otherwise, I'll use these days to work on content for the other days.

Hampton Air and Space Museum
This first Tuesday will focus on my trip to Hampton, Virginia. I was a baby when my family lived in Hampton, so I don't remember anything about it, which is why I wanted to visit it. I would like to say that I got to spend a lot of time exploring it, but that's not what happened.

The trip from Georgia to Virginia was quite draining. We were travelling during the Thanksgiving holiday season, but traffic was too bad. What made the trip so draining was having to stop so many times because my mom was getting motion sickness and the SUV we rented was a lot tighter that I was expecting.


The only pic of me and my brother on the drive to VA.
All in all, I spent about an hour or less in Hampton. What I saw of Hampton was quite charming. It seems like a good place to live, and I liked what I saw of the Museum of Air and Space. We would have explored a little bit more, but literally 15 minutes into walking into the museum, my dad called to tell us that the house had been broken into. Sadly, we sent my brother home to deal with the mess, so he missed out on the rest of our Yankee road trip to New York.




I think I would have really enjoyed living in Virginia. It was a nice place to visit for sure. Maybe one day we'll go back and get more of an experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment