Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Beautiful Chaos

I didn't cook anything this weekend--mostly ate leftovers/out, or this week, so I have no new Tasty Thursday recipes to share. Instead, here's an update on my home organization progress.


Photo: Morguefile.com

Lately, I've been pinning a lot on my organization board on Pinterest, and I found a pin on getting organized in four weeks. It sounded pretty good until I realized that it was for a stay at home mom because she was describing the whole morning routine that she has, which was something like: wake up, read Bible, run (run?! really??), shower, get dressed, clean bathrooms, unload dishwasher, start laundry, and on and on and on. If she's a working mom, then she must get up at like 3 AM. I'm lucky if I can get up in time to pack a lunch for myself on most mornings! There's nothing wrong with SAHM's, but I'm not a mom, and I work, so these exhausting routines will not work for me. Even when I wasn't working, I could get this organization thing down, so I'm just going to (everybody sing it with me) let it go!

I'm never going to be as organized as I would like. The label-maker will never be my best friend. I have and always will be a piler not filer, but that doesn't mean I'm sloppy. I just live in a beautiful chaos. I know where everything is, and I've made it difficult for anyone to rob me. Good luck finding anything worthwhile, crooks! I'm also never going to keep up with a routine or cleaning schedule. I'd like to--I'd love to be able to, but that's not who I am either. I won't let these to do and lists and routines dictate my days. I get done what needs to be done on my own schedule.

I'm just behind schedule right now, but I've started a donate box or two, and I just need to get it out of the house. I'm hoping to finish a little bit each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment