Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

The Sound of Rain Man



Film 9: It's true--I just saw The Sound of Music (1965) for the first time ever. What's funny is that I know a lot of the music from the film, just never watched it. Mike and I watched it on sing-a-long mode because that's just how we roll. It was everything I expected from a musical--cheery, sweet, funny, and just a little drama for balance. I was not expecting the Nazis though. Apparently, I based my whole idea on what this film was about on the cover alone. The trailer was no help either. All this time, I just thought that it was about singing in the mountains. Boy, was I wrong. Anyway, I found it to be fun and delightful film, and it makes me want to watch Mary Poppins, which I have also never seen.





Film 10: I love character-driven films, and Rain Man (1988) did not disappoint. I also love road trip films because all of life is really a journey. The most impressive thing about Rain Man is Dustin Hoffman's performance, which was outstanding. I found this film to be a moving, honest, powerful drama about the twists and turns of life and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment