Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

My First Frittata & Honey Balsamic Chicken

Recipe 7: Mike's dad gave us a cast iron skillet one weekend, and I've been wanting to try out a frittata for the longest time. I just never had an oven-proof skillet for that last step of cooking the frittata in the oven. For my first attempt at this, I tried making a kale, potato, and onion frittata. The recipe is simple enough and the ingredients aren't hard to come by. I nearly dropped the skillet trying to get it into the oven. Note to self: Use two hands to transfer the skillet from stove to oven. Anyway, the picture I took doesn't really do it justice, and I added the cheese as an after thought because I love cheese.
 
 
Recipe 8: Yesterday, I woke up at 4 AM, for no apparent reason and couldn't go back to sleep, so I made a marinade for Honey Balsamic Chicken. I was going to make it on Tuesday night, but I didn't realize that I had to let the chicken marinade for 2 hours or overnight, so Mike and I went out to dinner, and I was supposed to prepare the marinade when we got back, but that just didn't happen. Anyway, I like this recipe because it doesn't call for a lot of crazy ingredients, just what you see below minus the not pictured ingredients.
 
Not Pictured: Chicken and Corn Starch
So, I put the marinade together and let it sit in the fridge all day while I was a work. When I got home, I popped the chicken in the oven. While it was cooking, I worked out to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD, which is no joke, and I'm still feeling the effects of it today. By the time the workout was done, the chicken was ready, and all that was left was making the glaze. I served it with some rice vermicelli noodles, and it was very good, so this is a recipe, I'll likely use again.

 

Recipes 8/30 complete. I'm hoping to do some baking this weekend. I'd like to make bread, but we'll see. What should I cook up next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment