Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Making Each Day Count

This morning, I felt like Batman after Bane beats him up and breaks his back in The Dark Night Rises. I was planning to hit the gym early in the morning, but that did not happen. What's so sad about this is that it's not like I worked out really hard this past week. I think I made it to the gym once. I just had a crazy busy weekend is all.

I've realized though that I only have 106 days to complete my 30 Before 30 List, and so I really can't waste any more time. I've got to make each day count. My goal is to be working on one or more of my goals every day.

Today, I just want to focus on how I'm trying to reach my fitness goals. I've lost two pounds since I began, so I have 28 pounds to lose in the next 15 weeks, which is doable. It's only 2 pounds a week, but it also means that I can't just eat whatever I want or exercise only once a week. I need to be more intentional in my plan.

Sometimes, staying motivated is hard, but I'm using a tool called AchieveMint. AchieveMint communicates with other programs like FourSquare, MyFitnessPal, and C25K. Then, when you do certain things like check into the gym, track your caloric intake, or go for a run, you can earn points. When you earn 25000 points, you will receive a $25 Visa Gift Card. It's not a lot of money, but earning points does help me to stay motivated. I'm 14% closer to getting my gift card. Just this simple points systems helps me to stay on track.

What motivates you?


No comments:

Post a Comment