Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Film Reviews: Playing Catch-Up

My rules for watching 30 Academy Award Best Picture films was that I had to watch one from each decade, and the film has to be one that I have not seen. I'm really into film so I've seen a lot of Best Picture Winners, but there are some I have missed. There's only about 16 weeks before I turn 30, so I'm going to have to play catch-up.

Here are the films I've seen so far:

Annie Hall (1977): I enjoyed this film. It had some fun moments. Some things are lost on me because of my youth, but overall, it was fun to watch.

Schindler's List (1993): So, I had no concept of what this film was about before I watched it. I knew it was about the Holocaust, but I didn't know that the story was true or that Schindler was a good character. I thought the acting was great. Spielberg's stylistic choices in use of color was nice. It was truly an incredible film and an incredible story.

Forrest Gump (1994): Don't judge me, but this year was my first time watching Forest Gump in its entirety. I have seen bits and pieces here and there, but I was never really interested in watching it. Now that I've seen it all the way through, I understand why people like it so much. I like it myself, but I just couldn't get into it until now.

Argo (2012): This film was filled so much suspense and tense moments. I love it. The pacing and action were just right for me.

With these 4 and with my first review of The Artist, I have viewed 5 out of 30 films. 25 to go!!

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment