Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The F-Word

"The F-Word"

Don't ever say that word again.

What?

Oh, you know what you said.

You mean f--?

Stop! I can't stand that word!

It's not a bad word.

To me, it is.

Why? It's not like you've never said it.

Well, maybe I want to be more than that.

More than what?

You know.

Oh, you mean more than f--.

Exactly.

Maybe that's all I have to offer.

I know.

Then, let's just be--

You don't have to say it. I get it, okay?
I get it.


I'm not sure when I wrote this, but it must have been in like 2004. I dug this up yesterday, and now I really want to watch Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds and Amy Adams.

I used to write a lot of poetry, but I find that I don't write much when I'm in a relationship. I think it's because poetry is so personal and cathartic for me that when I'm in a relationship, it's hard to write without worrying about what the other person might feel. For instance, if I write something sad, I don't want Mike to think I'm sad because of him or anything. It's weird, I know.

I don't think this means, I'll never write poetry again, because I will and I have. It's just more challenging to do. I hope it also means that I'm happy now, but I was pretty happy then, too. Just single. This poem is also meant to be playful, and it's dedicated to all the guys and gals being friendzoned right now. I've definitely been there. I get it.

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment