Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tasty Thursdays-Playing Catch-Up

My husband will gladly tell you that I'm not so handy in the kitchen. He does most of the cooking, but every now and then, I give him a night off or I just cook whatever I want to eat. So, I've been a little slacking on posting my culinary attempts, so here's some of what I've made so far. Most of the recipes I use are found on Pinterest. How great is Pinterest? I mean, it's such a great way to keep ideas and get new ones. I love it. You can follow me on Pinterest here.

Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo
A dear friend of mine gave me a slow cooker as a wedding gift, and I love using it. Some of the first recipes I tried involved the slow cooker. I've linked the recipes if you're interested.

1.  Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo--This was pretty quick and easy, and it turned out okay. I didn't have low sodium soy sauce on hand, so I used the full sodium kind, and it ended up super salty. I like to improvise when I don't have something, but this was one time that it turned out wrong.






2. Crab Rangoon--This was a just for me recipe because Mike is not a fan of seafood. On the same night I also made him some pork filled wantons. Both recipes turned out well, but I hate using our deep fryer because it's so messy. It was a fun weekend meal though.








3. PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps--
Mike and I like PF Chang's, but we don't get out to eat there to eat much because it's far. Plus, we have a better non-chain Chinese place that we love. Anyway, I made some substitutions, like iceberg lettuce instead of Bibb, but I think Bibb holds up better. This was very tasty, but not my favorite recipe.

I've tried several other recipes, but this is it for now. I'm trying to spread out my posts a little. I've still got some new recipes that I should. I'd love some suggestions also. What recipes should I try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment